Dr. Neal Bhatia is a leading dermatologist in Southern California, providing patients in and around San Diego with the skilled, individualized care they need for skin and nail diseases and cosmetic concerns. With extensive skill and experience in treating a wide range of dermatologic issues, Dr. Bhatia is skilled at diagnosing common and uncommon skin diseases and conditions and in determining the ideal treatment for the best response and results for all skin types. At his practice in San Diego, he provides an array of services including state-of-the-art treatments for acne, psoriasis, rosacea, skin cancer and more.
Skin Cancer Horse
This lecture will provide photographic evidence and compilation of data of latest updates in management, chemoprevention, and photoprotection.
- Understand and apply mechanisms of action of currently available therapies to the modification of the disease process contributing to actinic keratosis formation
- Manage and optimize anticipated local skin reactions associated with topical therapies
- Explain and define the role of combination therapies in clinical practice
New advances in dermatologic treatment
New methods of diagnosis or treatment
Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
Advances in medical knowledge
- Fuchs A., Marmur E. “The kinetics of skin cancer: progression of actinic keratosis to squamous cell carcinoma”. Dermatol Surg. 2007 Sept: 33(9):1099-101.
- Pomerantz, H., Weinstock M et al. “Long-term Efficacy of Topical Fluorouracil Cream, 5% for Treating Actinic Keratosis: A Randomized Clinical Trial”. JAMA Dermatol, Published online May 07, 2015. Doi:10.1001/jamadermatol.2015.0502.
- Wiley, A., Mehta, S. and Lee, PK. “Reduction in the Incidence of Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients Treated with Cyclic Photodynamic Therapy”. Dermatol Surg, 2009: 35:1-7.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6, 7
Bureaucracy and Burnout Panel
This is an interactive panel discussion among members of the AAD Board of Directors and leaders of the AOCD as well as the audience to review the current state of dermatology and collaboration between the organizations.
- Identify current threats to patient safety and the growth of dermatology
- Review plans of action from the AAD, AOCD, and other societies within organized dermatology as well as efforts to collaborate
- Discuss current and future issues facing training new dermatologists to face the challenges of scope of practice
Legislative, regulatory, or organizational changes effecting patient care
- “The Future of Dermatology Practices” Dermatology World, 2014 March.
- “Dermatology Incorporated” Dermatology World, 2012 August.
- “Building Our Advocacy Arm’s Muscle” Dermatology World, 2015 August.
- “Dermatology’s Advocacy Achievements are No Accident” Dermatology World, 2015 July.
Core Competencies: 5, 7
Disclosures: Advisor, Consultant, Investigator, Speaker: Abbvie, Activis, Allergan, Aqua, Bayer, Biofrontera, BiopharmX, Castle, Cipher, Dermira, Encore, Exeltis, Ferndale, Foamix, Galderma, Intraderm, ISDIN, LaRoche-Posay, Leo, Novan, Novartis, PharmaDerm, Pfizer, Promius, Regeneron, Sanofi, SunPharma, Valeant