Dr. Murina is board-certified in dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology. Dr. Murina completed her residency at Tulane University School of Medicine. She joined the faculty at Tulane University School of Medicine in 2012 where she practices general dermatology and participates in residency education.
Cases from the Crescent City: Dermatology Self-Assesment
This session features case-based challenges and will involve assessment questions to test medical knowledge. The speakers will present diverse cases of skin disease with focus on clinical findings, histopathology, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Recognize clinical patterns of cutaneous disease
- Utilize appropriate diagnostic tools and additional testing in the evaluation of internal disease
- Treat skin diseases while also coordinating care with appropriate specialists
New advances in dermatologic treatment
New methods of diagnosis or treatment
Advances in medical knowledge
Bohan A, Peter JB. “Polymyositis and dermatomyositis (first of two parts)”. N. Engl J Med (1975) 292(7):344-7.
Elston DM, Stratman EJ, Miller SJ. “Skin Biopsy: Biopsy Issues in Specific Diseases”. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016 Jan:74(1):1-16: quiz 17-8.
Baughn RE, Musher DM. “Secondary Syphilitic Lesions.” Clinical Microbiology Reviews. 2005:18(1):201-216. Doi:10.1128/CMR.18.1.205-216.2005.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6
Bureaucracy and Burnout Panel
This is an interactive panel discussion among members of the AAD Board of Directors and leaders of the AOCD as well as the audience to review the current state of dermatology and collaboration between the organizations.
- Identify current threats to patient safety and the growth of dermatology
- Review plans of action from the AAD, AOCD, and other societies within organized dermatology as well as efforts to collaborate
- Discuss current and future issues facing training new dermatologists to face the challenges of scope of practice
Legislative, regulatory, or organizational changes effecting patient care
- “The Future of Dermatology Practices” Dermatology World, 2014 March.
- “Dermatology Incorporated” Dermatology World, 2012 August.
- “Building Our Advocacy Arm’s Muscle” Dermatology World, 2015 August.
- “Dermatology’s Advocacy Achievements are No Accident” Dermatology World, 2015 July.
Core Competencies: 5, 7
Disclosures: Speaker: Celgene, Abbvie, Novartis; Advisory Board: Celgene