To maintain the highest possible standards in the practice of dermatology.
To stimulate study and to extend knowledge in the field of dermatology.
To promote a more general understanding of the nature and scope of the services rendered by osteopathic dermatologists to the other divisions of medical practice, hospitals, clinics, and the public.
To contribute to the best interests of the osteopathic profession by functioning as an affiliated organization of the American Osteopathic Association.
CME Committee Objectives
The objectives of the AOCD's Continuing Medical Education Committee are:
- To ensure at least two programs per year to assist members in meeting continuing medical education requirements established by the AOA.
- To review and recommend program curricula submitted by program chair(s) to the AOCD Board of Trustees.
- To develop and maintain on going Needs Assessments as required by the AOA.
- To develop postgraduate outcome evaluation forms for program attendees.
- To review postgraduate outcome evaluation forms received from program attendees and conduct appropriate needs assessment activities.
- To develop long range CME course curricula.
- To assist the Education Evaluation Committee of the College in incorporating the inclusion of Osteopathic principles and practices in dermatology residency training.
- To assure the inclusion of appropriate Osteopathic content in the Continuing Medical Education programs presented by AOCD.
- To assure that the Continuing Medical Education Programs of the AOCD will achieve the stated objectives of each meeting in a setting which is evidence-based, culturally sensitive, and free of commercial bias.