Dr. Nathanael Brady is a board-certified allergist, immunologist and pediatrician. He earned his medical degree from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2005. Following medical school, Dr. Brady completed a residency in pediatrics at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, OH in 2008. In 2010, he completed an allergy and immunology fellowship at University Hospitals in Cleveland, OH.
He is a member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology; American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology; Christian Medical and Dental Association; Clinical Immunology Society; Colorado Allergy and Asthma Society; Colorado Springs Osteopathic Foundation; and the El Paso County Medical Society.
Dr. Brady resides in Colorado, where he spends his free time with his wife, daughter and two sons. He enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking, camping and running; watching college and professional sports and actively participating in his church.
Urticaria/Angioedema from an Allergist’s Perspective
Urticaria/angioedema are common medical conditions seen by primary care providers as well as specialists. Diagnosis and management can be challenging for the medical provider. Optimal management involves identifying possible underlying triggers as well as ruling out other diseases presenting in a similar fashion.
- Differentiate acute versus chronic urticaria/angioedema
- Identify common underlying triggers for urticaria/angioedema
- Understand best therapy for treatment of urticaria/angioedema
- Recognize common types of physical urticaria/angioedema
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Development of new technology
- Advances in medical knowledge
- “Advances in the Pharmacotherapy of Hereditary Angioedema”. U.S. Pharmacist. 2015;40(10):HS17-21.
- “Evidence-based diagnosis & treatment of Chronic Urticaria/Angioedema”. All & Asth Proc. 2014;35(1):10-16.
- “The Diagnosis & Management of acute & chronic Urticaria”. 2014 update, JACI. 2014;133(3):1270-77.
Core competencies: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7
Disclosures: Speaker for Teva, Shire, Merck, Alcon