Dr. Daniel Ladd, is the Medical Director and Founder of Tru-Skin™ Dermatology in Austin, Texas. He earned his B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin and received his medical degree from Des Moines University in 1999. He completed his dermatology residency at the Northeast Regional Medical Center in Kirksville, Missouri in conjunction with the Dermatology Institute of North Texas in 2004. In addition to being board-certified in general and cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Ladd is also board-certified in Mohs micrographic surgery.
He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons and the American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgery, as well as a Member of the American Society of Mohs Surgery. Dr. Ladd is a lifetime member of the Skin Cancer Foundation’s Amonette Circle, an elite group of the country’s foremost dermatologists and Mohs surgeons who have made a commitment to skin cancer education and prevention.
Image Guided Superficial Radiation Therapy (IG-SRT)
Discussion of multiple image guided technologies for the treatment of basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. Discussion of how patient care and expectations will be impacted by image guided technologies. Discussion of the history of radiation in dermatology and modern day advances.
- Present a new FDA approved technology for treatment of basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and keloids
- Discuss use of image guided SRT to improve patient compliance, safety and satisfaction
- Discuss multiple new image guided dermatologic technologies and how they can benefit the specialty of dermatology
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Development of new technology
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Legislative, regulatory, or organizational changes effecting patient care
- Krader, CG. “Disruptive Technologies Expand NMSC TX. Options”. Dermatology Times. Modernmedicine.com 4-1-16. pp 1-4.
- Jesitus, J. “Superficial Radiation Therapy Ripe for Resurgence”. Dermatology Times. Modernmedicine.com 4-1-14. pp 1.
- Panizzon, R. “Radiation Treatment and Radiation Reactions in Dermatology”. 2004, pp 53-64.
Core competencies: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Disclosures: Medical director of Center of Excellence, Sensus Healthcare; Medical director, minority shareholder of SkinCure Oncology