Dr. Matthews is a board certified dermatopathologist, anatomic pathologist, pediatric pathologist and neuropathologist.
He earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia, where he then completed an internship and anatomic pathology residency. Upon finishing his residency, Dr. Matthews completed a pediatric pathology fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, a neuropathology fellowship at Duke University Medical Center, and a dermatopathology fellowship at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Cutaneous Helminthic Infections
- Discuss the mode of transmission for cutaneous helminthic infections
- Discuss the diagnostic criteria for cutaneous helminthic identification
- Discuss treatment modalities for cutaneous helminthic infections
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
Meric R et al. Histopathology. May 2010;Vol56(6).pp 824-828.
Tsutsumi Y. Pathology of Skin Infections. Nova Biomedical 2013.pp309-311.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6