Faith C. M. McNicholas, RHIT, CPC, CPCD, PCS, CDC has a wide range of experience in various medical specialties, both solo and group practice settings ranging from cardiology to endocrinology to dermatology. Her passion however, lies in dermatology.
She is the Assistant Editor for Derm Coding Consult – a quarterly coding and regulatory newsletter published by the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), a regular feature contributor to Association of Dermatology Managers/Administrators (ADA/M) Newsletter, Journal of Dermatology Nurses Association (JDNA). She has written extensively on coding, reimbursement and regulatory changes and how it affects the physician practice. She is also a known presenter at the AAD Annual and Summer Meetings, AAPC Regional Meeting, ADA/M Guest Key Note speaker and presenter, JDNA Annual meetings and AAD monthly webinars and regional symposia.
She is a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and member of American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as well as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) with specialization in dermatology coding. Other qualifications include certification Medical Billing, medical coding, management of medical office and healthcare practice and a degree Health Information and Management Technology. She is a certified and approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Expert and Trainer.
She is a member of AHIMA Clinical Terminology & Classification Practice Council that monitors and provide AHIMA with expertise related to advocacy, member needs and best practices in clinical terminologies and classification systems, as well as a member of AAPC Chapter Association Board of Directors, a group of volunteers who advance coding education efficacy among coders.
She is currently the Manager of Coding and Reimbursement/Government Affairs at the AAD in Schaumburg, Illinois. She is also proprietor of Coracle – a medical coding, billing and practice management consulting firm.
Faith is also recipient of the 2014/2015 American Medical Association (AMA) Specialty Staff Liaison Excellence Award. She was awarded the 2015/2016 JDNA People’s Choice Award for her article on “Tips for Seamless ICD-10-CM Readiness.”
AAD Billing and Coding Update
Learn how to easily identify appropriate dermatology codes and correct use/application of such codes for services/procedures performed in your practice to ensure accurate claim submission, as well as proper code identification and application for more complex procedures to accurately reflect the services provided.
- Review what’s new and revised in coding and regulatory updates pertaining to dermatology in 2017
- Review the appropriate coding guidelines and concepts using easy to understand methodologies of code selection and application
- Review how to easily identify appropriate dermatology codes and the correct use/application of such codes for services procedures performed in your practice to ensure accurate claim submission as well as proper code identification
- Legislative, regulatory, or organizational changes effecting patient care
- 2017 American Medical Association Coding Procedure Terminology (AMA CPT) Coding Manual.
- 2017 International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Edition, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM).
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services Local Coverage Determination (CMS LCD).
Core Competencies: 3, 6, 7
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by speaker