Dr. Peter Saitta received his Bachelor of Arts from New York University and his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He completed his dermatology residency as chief resident at Oakwood Hospital.
Dr. Saitta assists with the osteopathic dermatology residency program at St. John’s Hospital in New York and is also a clinical instructor of dermatology at NYU department of dermatology, where he assists in teaching the residents patch testing.
Cutaneous Manifestations of Illegal Drug Use
This lecture will highlight the common and rare cutaneous manifestations of illegal drug use in the United States. It will also review the methods of drug use, the equipment utilized and the risk factors for these types of side effects.
- Review common cutaneous physical exam signs and symptoms of illegal drug use
- Review the common adulterants of drugs in the United States
- Review the more exotic bacterial infections associated with drug use in the United States
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Legislative, regulatory, or organizational changes effecting patient care
- Duvuvier Atlas
Core Competencies: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by the speaker.