Dr. Craig Ziering received his Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine from Nova Southeastern University in Miami, FL and completed his residency at Ohio University’s Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, OH. After completing a fellowship in hair restoration with Medical Hair Restoration in Orlando, FL, Dr. Ziering became the Associate Medical Director at MHR for a period of ten years before founding his private practice, Ziering Medical. Dr. Ziering is certified by both the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery and the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology.
A Past-President of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, Dr. Ziering serves on advisory boards for various companies including Merck, Lexington International, Pfizer and on the scientific advisory board of Histogen (Regenerative Medicine). He is on the surgical faculty for the procedural dermatology fellowship at the University of California at Irvine, the dermatology faculty at Western University/Pacific Hospital, Long Beach, CA and the Michigan State University dermatology faculty. Additionally, Dr. Ziering is the Medical Director for Advanced Hair Growth and Apira Science as well as being the Primary Investigator for the clinical trials involving hair cloning and multiplication. In 2003, Dr. Ziering was recognized by his peers at the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgeons for his Whorl Hair Classification System being awarded the prestigious, “Most Original New Idea” at that year’s scientific assembly.
As a recognized expert in the art and science of hair transplant surgery, Dr. Ziering is a frequent guest on television and radio programs, including the Today Show and was invited to perform the very first hair transplant procedure on ABC’s hit show, Extreme Makeover.
Hair restoration is Dr. Ziering’s passion and he has been and continues to be active in the industry through ongoing education and research in the U.S. and abroad, serving frequently as a guest surgeon and lecturer and as primary investigator in various clinical trials. He is the author of many published articles on surgical and non-surgical treatments of hair loss.
Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss
The causes of male and female hair loss as well as therapies both non-surgical and surgical will be discussed and case descriptions will be presented.
- Provide attendees with an understanding of male and female pattern hair loss
- Discuss non-surgical therapy for male and female pattern hair loss
- Discuss surgical therapy for male and female pattern hair loss
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Development of new technologies
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Legislative, regulatory, or organizational changes effecting patient care
- Hair loss & Replacements for dummies. William Rassman, MD.
- Hair – Transplant – 360 – Physicians – DVD’s.
- Hair Transplantation by Unger – Robin Unger.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Disclosures: Research and development for Restoration Robotics