Speaker: Dustin Portela, DO
Pediatric Blistering Diseases
- Review the pathophysiology and presentation of pediatric bullous disorders
- Review board-relevant dermatopathology associated with pediatric bullous disorders
- Review advancements of treatment options for pediatric bullous disorders, including gene therapy
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Development of new technology
- Cutlar L, et al. A Non-Viral Gene Therapy for Treatment of Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. Experimental Dermatology. 2016 Oct. 818-820.
- Pope E. Autoimmune Blistering Diseases in Children. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2010 Jun;29(2):85-91.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by speakers