Dr. Peter Saitta received his Bachelor of Arts from New York University and his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He completed his dermatology residency as chief resident at Oakwood Hospital.
Dr. Saitta assists with the osteopathic dermatology residency program at St. John’s Hospital in New York and is also a clinical instructor of dermatology at NYU department of dermatology, where he assists in teaching the residents patch testing.
The Classification and Treatment of Hand Dermatitis
This lecture will help dermatologists understand the clinical aspects and treatment options for hand dermatitis. The lecture will review the prevalence, classification of, differential diagnosis of, and treatment options for hand dermatitis patients.
- Understand the prevalence of hand dermatitis
- Understand the classification system of hand dermatitis and differential diagnosis
- Understand the different treatment options for hand dermatitis
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Development of new technology
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Kavli et al. “Hand Dermatoses in Tromso”. Contact Dermatitis. 1984;10:174-177.
- Meding et al. “Hand eczema in Swedish Adults – changes in Prevalence between 1983-1996”.
- Meding, B et al. “Incidence of Hand Eczema – a population based retrospective study”. J Invest Dermatol. 122;873-877.2004.
Core competencies: 2, 3, 6
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by the speaker.