Dr. Badia completed dermatology training in Albany, New York in 2001. Shortly after, she founded Florida Skin Center as a full-service facility with state of the art treatments and amenities.
The National Osteopathic Pediatric Dermatology Certification Board relies on her professional input, as the doctor is a pediatrician as well as a dermatologist. This background makes her uniquely qualified to provide medical dermatology care for patients of all ages, at Florida Skin Center, including newborn babies. Under her direction, the practice provides narrowband UVB phototherapy for treatment of eczema and psoriasis, as well as Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery, and dermatopathology services.
While excellence in patient care is Dr. Badia’s passion, she is also active in the community. The local Hispanic Affairs Advisory Board has recognized her as Volunteer of the Year, and she received the Congressional Medal of Distinction, a national acknowledgement. Dr. Badia regularly lectures at pediatric postgraduate courses for Miami Children’s Hospital. The American Association on Anti-Aging Medicine values her services as a national speaker. She lectures on a variety of dermatology topics, at local and national levels, and her work has been published in leading pediatric and dermatology journals.
Pediatric Dermatology: What’s New
- Review of common pediatric dermatological conditions
- New treatment modalities being used
- Changing therapy modalities
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- New advances in pediatric dermatologic treatment
- Lawrence A. Schachner, MD and Ronald C. Hansen, MD, Elsevier Textbook Pediatric Dermatology, 4th edition.
- O’Regan G, et al. Raman profiles of the stratum corneum define filaggrin genotype determined atopic dermatitis endophenotypes. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2010 Sep:126:574.
- Simpson EL Topic dermatitis: a review of topical treatment options. Curr Med Res opin. 2010 Jan 13.
- Reyes M, Eisen D. Inherited syndromes. Dermatologic therapy, Vol. 23 2010, 606-642.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6
Disclosures: Speaker: Pfizer