Dr. Baumann authored the first textbook about cosmetic dermatology in 2002, and the second edition of Cosmetic Dermatology: Principles and Practice (McGraw Hill) now ranks as the bestselling dermatology textbook in the world and has been translated into 14 languages. In 2005, Dr. Baumann authored The Skin Type Solution, a New York Times bestseller that has been published in many languages. The latest edition of The Skin Type Solution was published in December 2010 to coincide with the PBS special, “Skin Type Solutions with Dr. Leslie Baumann,” which began airing in late 2010. Dr. Baumann’s latest textbook, Cosmeceuticals and Cosmetic Ingredients (McGraw Hill) was released in November 2014. Dr. Baumann also pens a bi-monthly column in The Miami Herald and regularly contributes to magazines, trade publications and medical journals.
The Science of Anti-Aging Cosmeceuticals
- Understand the cellular processes that lead to skin aging
- Evaluate the various anti-aging techniques
- Update your knowledge on the science of skin aging
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Development of new cosmetic techniques
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Andrews Disease of the Skin. 11th Ed.
- Dermatology. 3rd Ed, 2012 Elsevier.
- Bolognia. 3rd Ed, Vol 2, 2012.
- Duranti F, Salti G, Bovani B, Calandria M, Rosati M. “Injectable hyaluronic acid gel for soft tissue augmentation.” Dermatol Surg. 1998; 24: 1317-25.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 6