Dr. Laura Benedetto is a board certified dermatologist practicing in Glastonbury, CT since 1989. She is a partner at Dermatology Associates of Eastern Connecticut. She graduated from Brooklyn College cum laude with honors in biology and from the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1983. She did her dermatology residency at Wayne State University where she was chief resident.
Dr. Benedetto holds clinical appointments at the University of Connecticut Dermatology Department, the New England College of Osteopathic Medicine and Eastern Connecticut Health Network. She is engaged in teaching dermatology residents, as well as medical students and family practice residents. She has also frequently lectured at both general medical and dermatology meetings. She belongs to the AOCD, AAD, EADV, ASDS, Connecticut Dermatology Society, AOA, AME and Hartford County Medical Society.
My Approach to Cosmetic Dermatology
- How to analyze the patient needs
- Treatment options to consider
- How to manage expectations, follow-ups and emergencies
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New advances in diagnosis or treatment
- Development of new technology
- Advances in medical knowledge
- ASDS, Dec 2015, p. 284-292. ASDS, Oct 2015, p. 1097 – 1118.
- Baumann, L., Ethics in cosmetic dermatology, Clinics in Dermatology(2012)30,522-527.
- Imadojemu,S. and Fiester, A. Are there moral obligations to cosmetic dermatology patients beyond informed consent? JAAD 2012;67:136-8.
- Sadick, N. et al. Cosmetic dermatology of the aging face, Clinics in Dermatology (2009) 27, S3-S12.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Former trainer for: Sculptra
Lecturer for: Valeant Pharmaceuticals