Dr. Cohen is professor, vice chairman of clinical affairs department of dermatology at New York University School of Medicine. He earned a B.S. in biomedical science from the City University of New York, an M.D. from State University of New York at Stony Brook School of Medicine and an M.P.H. in environmental science from Columbia University School of Public Health. Dr. Cohen joined Dermira as a director in 2014, after previously serving as a scientific advisor from its inception. He has held a variety of positions at the New York University School of Medicine, including Charles C. and Dorothea E. Harris professor of dermatology, vice chairman of clinical affairs, chief of allergy and contact dermatitis, and director of occupational and environmental dermatology.
Dr. Cohen has served as a lecturer of Environmental Sciences at the Columbia University School of Public Health, has been an attending physician at the Ronald O. Perelman department of dermatology at the Tisch Hospital at New York University Medical Center and at Bellevue Hospital Center. He has served as a clinical consultant to numerous companies and on the boards and committees of a number of professional organizations, including as President of the American Contact Dermatitis Society, as a founding board member of the American Acne and Rosacea society, as President of the dermatology section for the New York Academy of Medicine and on several committees of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. He is also a member of the editorial board of Journal of Drugs in Dermatology and the editorial advisory boards of Dermatitis and Skin and Allergy News. Dr. Cohen also served on the boards of directors of Vyteris and Connetics.
Occupational and Environmental Dermatology
- Review common allergens that cause contact dermatitis
- Discuss common and uncommon sources of allergens in the work and home environment
- Review new trends in allergen exposure at work and home
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Bolognia, Jorizzo, Shafer. Dermatology textbook by Elsevier.
- Mathias CGT, Maibach HI: Perspectives in Occupational Dermatology. In Occupational Disease – New vistas for medicine. West J Med 1982 Dec; 137:586-492.
- Diepgen TL, Coenraads PJ: The Epidemiology of Occupational Contact Dermatitis. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. November 1999, Volume 72; Issue 8, pp.496-506.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 6
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by the speaker.