James Q. Del Rosso, D.O. has been practicing dermatology since 1986, and in the Las Vegas area at the Las Vegas Skin & Cancer Clinics since 1997. He is adjunct clinical professor of dermatology at the Touro University of College of Osteopathic Medicine in Henderson, Nevada and has the distinction of being the first and only dermatology residency program director in the history of the state of Nevada. Prior to coming to Las Vegas, Dr. Del Rosso served as head of the section of dermatology at the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Athens, and visiting faculty member in dermatology at Ohio State University (OSU) in Columbus where he twice was honored as educator of the year by the dermatology residents. He received his D.O. degree from Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, interned at Doctors Hospital in Columbus, completed a dermatology residency at Atlantic Skin Disease and Skin Surgery in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and a fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology at OSU.
Dr. Del Rosso is an internationally renowned dermatologist. He is clinical editor of the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, has published multiple peer-reviewed articles and textbook chapters, and was President of the American Acne & Rosacea Society, American Society of Mohs Surgery, and the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. He is one of the most highly-requested and well-respected educators in dermatology, invited to present regularly at dermatology meetings both nationally and internationally. Dr. Del Rosso has many outside interests, especially music, and stays busy at times with four children and six grandchildren.
- Explain new pathways involved in pathogenesis
- Review possible side effects of antibiotics
- Discuss results
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Development of new technology
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Current Dermatologic Therapy, Wolverton text,
- 5 Part Series Rosacea Guidelines. Cutis.
- Epidermal and Appendageal tumors, Dermatology in General Medicine, Fifth Edition;p823-919; Fitzpatrick, et al.
- Topical and Systemic Therapy, Dermatology in General Medicine, Fifth Edition; p 2697-2907; Fitzpatrick, et al.
- Neoplasms of the Skin, Dermatology, First Edition, p 1663-1953; Bolognia, et al. Medical Therapy, Dermatology, First Edition, p 1959-2101; Bolognia, et al.
Core Competencies: 2,3,4,6
Disclosures: Consultant/Advisory Boards for: Allergan, Anacor, Aqua, Bayer, BioPharmX, Celgene, Dermira, Ferndale, Galderma, Johnson & Johnson, Leo Pharma, Lilly, Novan, Pharmaderm, Promius, Sebacia, SunPharma, Unilever, Valeant
Speaker for: Allergan, Aqua, Bayer, Celgene, Galderma, Genentech, Leo Pharma, Novartis, Pharmaderm, Promius, SunPharma, Valeant
Researcher for: Celgene, Cutanea, Dermira, Galderma, Genentech, Promius, Sebacia, SunPharma, Valeant