James Q. Del Rosso, D.O. has been practicing dermatology since 1986, and in the Las Vegas area at the Las Vegas Skin & Cancer Clinics since 1997. He is adjunct clinical professor of dermatology at the Touro University of College of Osteopathic Medicine in Henderson, Nevada and has the distinction of being the first and only dermatology residency program director in the history of the state of Nevada. Prior to coming to Las Vegas, Dr. Del Rosso served as head of the section of dermatology at the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Athens, and visiting faculty member in dermatology at Ohio State University (OSU) in Columbus where he twice was honored as educator of the year by the dermatology residents. He received his D.O. degree from Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, interned at Doctors Hospital in Columbus, completed a dermatology residency at Atlantic Skin Disease and Skin Surgery in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and a fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology at OSU.
Dr. Del Rosso is an internationally renowned dermatologist. He is clinical editor of the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, has published multiple peer-reviewed articles and textbook chapters, and was President of the American Acne & Rosacea Society, American Society of Mohs Surgery, and the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. He is one of the most highly-requested and well-respected educators in dermatology, invited to present regularly at dermatology meetings both nationally and internationally. Dr. Del Rosso has many outside interests, especially music, and stays busy at times with four children and six grandchildren.
So Many Drugs, So Little Time
Review practical considerations and management approaches with acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis and other common dermatosis.
- Evaluate current state of acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis in patients and correlate with management plan
- Correlate clinical manifestations of disease with rational treatment selection and progress monitoring
- Review initial doses and follow up adjustments with several medications used to treat the above disorders, along with recognition of side effects
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Development of new technology
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Del Rosso, JQ et al. AARS – Antibiotic Resistance 3 Part Series. JCAD. April, May, June 2016.
- Del Rosso, JQ et al. AARS Rosacea 5 Part Series. Cutis. Nov 2014 – March 2015.
- Kim, G, Del Rosso, JQ. Oral Spironolacton in Post-Teenage Female Ptients with Acne Vulgaris: Practical Considerations for the Clinician Based on Current Data and Clinical Experience. JCAD. March 2012;5(3):37-50.
Core Competencies: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7
Disclosures: Speaker, Consultant, Research for Allergan, Anacor, Aqua, Bayer, BioPharmX, Celgene, Cutanea, Dermira, Ferndale, Foamix, Galderma, Genentech, Johnson & Johnson, Leo Pharma, Lilly, Novan, Novartis, Pharmaderm, Promius, Sebacia, SunPharma, Unilever, Valeant; Spouse is a sales representative for Novartis Respiratory Division – no relationship to this lecture