Dr. Salma Faghri de la Feld is a board-certified dermatologist.
Dr. Faghri de la Feld earned her medical degree from the Warren Albert School of Medicine at Brown University in Providence, RI. She completed her internship at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital in Providence, RI. Dr. Faghri de la Feld completed her dermatology residency at University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, AL, where she served as chief resident. She is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Emory University.
Clues in Contact Dermatitis
This lecture will provide an overview of patch testing process and clinical clues to eyelid, lip and facial allergic contact dermatitis including common allergens and avoidance tips. Overview of systemic contact dermatitis with focus on nickel and balsam of Peru.
- Provide attendees with an overview of patch testing and whether patients can be patch tested while on immunosuppressants
- Help attendees recognize clues to determining the causes of localized contact dermatitis (specifically eyelid, lip and facial dermatitis)
- Review causes of systemic contact dermatitis, including nickel and balsam of Peru
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Fowler et al. (2012). Dermatitis. 23(6):301-3.
- Huyuh et al. (2012). The Dermatologists. 20(8).
- Rietschel et al. (2007). Dermatitis. 18(2):78-81.
- Zug et al (2008). Dermatitis. 19(4):202-208.
- Salam TN, Fowler JF. (2001). JAAD. 45(3):377-81.
Core Competencies: 2
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by speaker