Steven Feldman is Professor of Dermatology, Pathology, Social Sciences & Health Policy and Molecular Medicine & Translational Science at the Wake Forest School of Medicine. He leads the Center for Dermatology Research, a health services research center whose mission is to improve the care of patients with skin disease. He has done groundbreaking work on patients’ adherence to their medication treatment regimens, the latter leading to the Wake Forest spin off company Causa Research. Feldman’s clinical work led him to an interest in patient satisfaction. Feldman created the www.DrScore.com doctor rating/patient satisfaction website. His research has been published in over 1,000 Medline-reference articles. Feldman also serves as the editor of the Journal of Dermatological Treatment and the Journal of Dermatology and Dermatological Surgery and as chief medical editor of The Dermatologist. Feldman’s experiences in medicine have led him to try to see how others perceive things, leading to his book Compartments and to attending the 2018 meeting of the Morgellons Disease Foundation, documented in the movie, Skin Deep: The Battle Over Morgellons.
- To describe the characteristics of Morgellons disease
- To describe the research on causes of Morgellons disease
- To describe treatment options for Morgellons disease
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Pearson ML, et al. Plos One. 2012;7(1):e29908.
- Middelveen MJ, et al. BMC Dermatol. 2015 Feb 12;15:1.. 2017;18(12):964-978
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 5