Dr. Michelle Foley is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in medical and surgical dermatology, with a passion for non-surgical aesthetics and facial rejuvenation. Her practice approach is to provide personalized care and education for each of her patients. Dr. Foley works with both men and women to help them look their best utilizing non-invasive techniques; combining injectables, topical agents, lasers and physician-strength skin care. “Best results are always achieved when you partner with your patient to build a treatment plan that is right for that individual. Cosmetic dermatology is not a one-size-fits-all world,” she explains.
Dr. Foley was born in Alabama and grew up on the west coast of Florida. After graduating Summa Cum Laude from Florida State University, she attended Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. There she graduated with the highest of honors and received the Terry Internal Medicine Award for the highest achievement in academic and clinical internal medicine. Dr. Foley completed her dermatology training at Michigan State University/POH Regional Medical center in Detroit, MI where she served as the chief resident.
Locally, Dr. Foley is an Associate Clinical Professor for Florida State University College of Medicine and a volunteer educator for Halifax Hospital Family Medicine Program. She also serves as the Associate Editor for the Journal of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology.
Non-Invasive Modalities in Lipolysis
- Introduction and overview of in-office treatment of unwanted fat
- Review off-label use of these modalities
- Discuss outcome and possible complications from treatment
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indiction(s)
- Development of new technology
- Kennedy J, Verne S, Griffith R, Falto-Aizpurua L, Nouri K. “Non-invasive subcutaneous fat reduction: a review”. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2015 Sep;29(9):1679-88. Doi: 10.1111/jdv.12994. Epub 2015 Feb 9.
- Zahra Alizadeh, Farzin Halabchi, Reza Mazaheri, Maryam Abolhasani, Mastaneh Tabesh. “Review of the Mechanisms and Effects of Noninvasive Body Contouring Devices on Cellulite and Subcutaneous Fat”. Int J Endocrinol Metab. 2016 October;14(4):e36727. Doi:10.5812/ljem.36727.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by speaker