Dr. Gordon was born and raised in New York City, where she stayed to complete both her undergraduate and medical degrees. She received her undergraduate degree from New York University in Neural Science. She then obtained her medical degree from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. During medical school, Dr. Gordon participated in research at the New Age Skin Research Foundation where she studied sunscreen use and sun protection practices in pediatric patients. Dr. Gordon completed two years of family medicine residency prior to starting her dermatology training at St. John’s Episcopal Hospital. She is currently the chief resident in her third year of dermatology where she truly enjoys teaching medical students and fellow residents. Her interests include medical and cosmetic dermatology as well as stem cell biology and its application in dermatologic diseases.
- To be able to identify life threatening and emergent dermatologic conditions
- To be able to utilize clinical clues to help differentiate between diseases
- Review up to date management for dermatologic emergencies
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Dermatology, 3rd edition. JL Bolognia, JJ Jorizzom JV Schaffer, JP Callen, L Cerroni, WR Heymann, GJ Hruza, AJ Mancini, J McGrath, JW Patterson, T Schwarz.
- J Am Acad Dermatol, 2014 Aug;7(12):278-83.
Core Competencies: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by speaker