Dale Han, MD, FACS is an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Section of Surgical Oncology at Yale University. His clinical practice focuses on the treatment of melanoma and sarcoma. He earned his undergraduate and medical degrees through the Scholars for Medicine combined medical program at SUNY at Stony Brook. He completed his general surgery residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and subsequently completed a surgical oncology fellowship at the Moffitt Cancer Center. He also completed post-doctoral research fellowships in surgical oncology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and at the Moffitt Cancer Center. His research interests are in clinical outcomes in patients with melanoma and sarcoma.
Desmoplastic Melanoma: Surgical Management and Adjuvant Therapy
This lecture will give an overview of the histologic subtypes of desmoplastic melanoma and will review treatment of primary disease, indications for sentinel lymph node biopsy and treatment of nodal disease, and adjuvant treatment options for desmoplastic melanoma.
- Review histologic subtypes of desmoplastic melanoma and treatment of primary disease
- Review indications for sentinel lymph node biopsy and treatment of nodal disease for desmoplastic melanoma
- Review adjuvant treatment options for desmoplastic melanoma
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Han D. et al. “Desmoplastic Melanoma: Is There a Role for Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy?” Ann Surg Oncol 2013;20(7):2345-51. Doi: 10.1245/s10434-013-2883-z. Epub 2013 Feb 7.
- Strom T, et al. “Radiotherapy Influences Local Control in Patients with Desmoplastic Melanoma.” Cancer 2014;120(9): 1369-78. Doi: 10.1002/cncr.28412. Epub 2013 Oct 8.
- Han D, et al. “Clinicopathologic Predictors of Survival in Patients with Desmoplastic Melanoma.” PLoS One 2015; 10(3):e0119716. Doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0119716. eCollection 2015.
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by speaker