Dr. Teodor Huzij is a graduate of the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, and he completed an Air Force combined residency in family practice and psychiatry. He served in the U.S. Air Force for nine years. After his military service concluded, Dr. Huzij completed an NMM/OMM plus One Residency at the University of New England in Biddeford, ME.
Dr. Huzij is osteopathically board certified in psychiatry and NMM/OMM and is an Assistant Professor of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine at Rocky vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He is also an examining board member of the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Huzij provides osteopathic psychiatry in his private practice where he specializes in the interface of mental health and manual medicine as well as faith and psychiatry.
What is an Osteopathic Dermatologist Anyway?
This lecture will describe osteopathic principles and practice and how that relates to dermatology.
- Define what an Osteopathic Dermatologist is
- Encourage new thought on treatments
- Start a dialogue of what osteopaths offer the world of dermatology
- New advances in dermatologic treatment.
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment.
- Development of new technology.
- Advances in medical knowledge.
- “Defining the DO” Dermatology World, 2015 June.
- “Dermatology Incorporated” Dermatology World, 2012 August.
Core Competencies: 3, 4, 5, 6