Jeff Johnson is a board-certified physician assistant. He is a 1995 graduate of the United States Air Force Physician Assistant program. He completed his training as an honor graduate at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO. Prior to P.A. school, he was an instructor of laboratory medicine at the School of Health Care Sciences at Sheppard AFB, Texas. While on active duty, he was chosen as Physician Assistant of the Year on two separate occasions and twice the Officer of the Year as well. A gifted speaker, he routinely lectures within his community, across the state of Florida and with the Lecture Series Development Program for the American Academy of Physician Assistants. He has given dermatology lectures across the country. Jeff serves as the President of the Florida Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants.
Employing PAs in Your Practice
- What is the standard education of a physician assistant
- What is the scope of practice of a physician assistant
- What does the standard compensation package include for an experienced PA
- Legislative, regulatory, or organizational changes effecting patient care
- Liu H, Robbins M, Mehrotra A, Auerbach D, Robinson BE, Cromwell LF, Roblin DW. “The Impact of Using Mid-level Providers in Face-to-Face Primary Care on Health Care Utilization.” Med Care. 2017 Jan; 55(1):12-18.
- Roderick S. Hooker PhD, MBA, PA, Christine M. Everett MPH, PA, PhD-Candidate. “The Contributions of Physician Assistants in Primary Care Systems.” Health Soc Care Community. 2012 Jan; 20(1): 20-31.
Core Competencies: 3, 4, 5, 6