Mark Kaufmann, MD, is an Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Dermatology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City, a position he has held since 1995. He was in solo private practice for 23 years until he joined The Dermatology Group in November 2017. He now serves as Chief Medical Officer of The Dermatology Group.
He received his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine, completing residency training in dermatology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York. He is board certified in dermatology.
Dr. Kaufmann has served on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Dermatology. He now chairs the AAD Workgroup on Innovations in Payment and Delivery, and is Deputy Chair of its Patient Access and Payer Relations Committee. He also serves as an advisor to the Academy RUC team- a position he has held for over a decade.
With many articles published on the topic of health information technology, Dr. Kaufmann is a frequent national lecturer, including the annual meetings of the American Academy of Dermatology, and other societies, and grand rounds.
Dr. Kaufmann’s contributions to the American Academy of Dermatology have been recognized by his receiving a Presidential Citation in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2017.
The Future of Dermatology Reimbursement
- To understand the changes to the CPT book in 2020 and 2021
- To understand the reimbursement challenges dermatologists will face over the next few years
- To understand the ultimate goal of value based healthcare
- Legislative, regulatory, or organizational changes effecting patient care
- CPT 2020 Professional Edition. AMA
- CMS Proposed and Final Rules for 2020. CMS. Federal Register
Core Competencies: 3, 5, 7