Dr. Kessler completed his undergraduate education at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. He then attended medical school at the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He became board-certified in dermatology in 1983 and established Alta Dermatology the same year. He is a frequent speaker at dermatology conferences and is the program director for the KCU-GMEC Mesa Program dermatology residency program.
Dermatologic Surgery: Lessons Learned Along the Way
- Experiences that influence everyday practice
- Developing a safer, more efficient surgery experience
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- Legislative, regulatory, or organizational changes effecting patient care
- Caroline Z. Tan, BA, Kerry E. Rieger Md, PhD, Kavita Y. Sarin, MD, PhD. “Basosquamous Carcinoma: Controversy, Advances, and Future Directions”. Dermatol Surg, 2017;43:23-31. Doi:10.1097/DSS.0000000000000815
- Galina Balakirski, MD, Christoph Loeser MD, Jens M. Baron, MD, Edgar Dippel, MD, Laurenz Schmitt, MD. “Effectiveness and Safety of Surgical Excision in the Treatment of Digital Mucoid Cysts”. Dermatol Surg 2017;43:928-933. Doi:10.1097/DSS0000000000001096
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Disclosures: No relevant financial relationships to disclose.