Dr. Leslie Potter Lawley is a board-certified dermatologist and pediatric dermatologist.
Dr. Lawley earned her medical degree from Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA. She completed an internship and her dermatology residency training at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA. She then completed a fellowship in pediatric dermatology at Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, IL.
Dr. Lawley is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Medical Association, Society of Investigative Dermatology, Society of Pediatric Dermatology, Women’s Dermatologic Association.
Look-Alikes, Controversies and What’s New in Pediatric Dermatology
This lecture will compare and contrast several pediatric dermatology diagnoses, including vascular birthmarks (specifically infantile hemangiomas and capillary malformations), forms of infected atopic dermatitis, and infantile cutaneous tumors (specifically nevus sebaceous, mastocytoma, and juvenile xanthogranuloma) and highlight recent literature applicable to these topics.
- Distinguish clinical features of infantile hemangiomas and capillary vascular malformations (i.e. port wine stains) and understand systemic implications of each
- Differentiate clinical features of secondary infections complicating atopic dermatitis including eczema, herpeticum, eczema coxsackium and impetiginized eczema
- Review the current literature regarding the risks of tumor development within nevus sebaceous birthmarks
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Garzon MC et al. PHACE Syndrome: Consensus-Dervied Diagnosis and Care Recommendations. J Pediatr. 2016;178:24.
- Dutkiewicz AS, et al. A Prospective Study of Risk of Sturge-Webber Syndrome in Children with Upper Facial Port-Wine Stain. J Amer Acad Dermatol. 2015;72:473.
- Mathes EF et al. Eczema Coxsackium and Unusual Cutaneous Findings in an Enterovirus Outbreak. Pediatrics. 2013;132e149.
Core Competencies: 2, 3
Disclosures: Content author for Up To Date