Dr. Mark Lebwohl graduated summa cum laude from Columbia College in 1974 and graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1978. He completed residencies in internal medicine and dermatology, both at Mount Sinai. Dr. Lebwohl has been practicing dermatology since 1983. He is professor and chairman of the Kimberly and Eric J. Waldman Department of Dermatology of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Dr. Lebwohl is the President of the American Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Lebwohl is chairman emeritus of the medical board of the National Psoriasis Foundation. He is the founding editor of Psoriasis Forum, as well as a medical editor of the bulletin of the National Psoriasis Foundation, Psoriasis Advance. He is editor of the Dermatology Section of Scientific American Medicine. Dr. Lebwohl has chaired numerous symposia and has written, edited or co-edited several books including Psoriasis, Mild-to-Moderate Psoriasis and Moderate-to-Severe Psoriasis. He has authored or co-authored over 500 publications including peer-reviewed articles, invited articles and book chapters. Dr. Lebwohl is actively involved in clinical trials of many new dermatologic treatments.
Which Drugs for Which Patient?
- Treat atopic dermatitis and psoriasis more effectively
- Recognize the risks and benefits of biologic therapy of atopic dermatitis
- Select appropriate therapies for specific patient populations with atopic dermatitis and/or psoriasis
- To recognize the side effects of various psoriasis therapies
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Development of new technologies
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Lebwohl M, Alexis AF, Beck LA, Block JK, Eichenfield LF, Fonacier L, Guttman-Yassky E, Paller AS, Pariser D, Silverberg J, Boguniewicz M. “Systemic Therapies for Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis: Expert Perspectives in Practice.” JDD. Feb 2019; 18(2): 122-129.
- Boguniewicz M, Alexis AF, Beck LA, Block J, Eichenfield LF, Fonacier L, Guttman-Yassky E, Paller AS, Pariser D, Silverberg JL, Lebwohl M. “Expert Perspectives on Management of Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis: A Multidisciplinary Consensus Addressing Current and Emerging Therapies.” J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2017 Nov – Dec; 5(6): 1519-1531.
- Kaushik SB, Lebwohl MG. “Psoriasis: Which therapy for which patient: Focus on special populations and chronic infections.” JAAD. 2019 Jan; 80(1): 43-53.
- Kaushik SB, Lebwohl MG. “Psoriasis: Which therapy for which patient: Psoriasis comorbidities and preferred systemic agents.” JAAD. 2019 Jan; 80(1): 27-40.
Core Competencies: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5