Dr. Jason D. Mazzurco is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon. Originally from New York, Dr. Mazzurco moved to the Midwest where he was a two time Big Ten Champion gymnast at The Ohio State University. He earned his medical degree from Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine. He then completed his residency training in dermatology and fellowship training in Mohs micrographic surgery at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital/Michigan State University.
He joined Dermatology Specialists and moved to Virginia with his wife and daughter in 2014. Dr. Mazzurco practices primarily surgical dermatology, treating both benign and malignant lesions of the skin. He specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer, Mohs surgery and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Mazzurco enjoys outdoor activities and spending time with his family and friends.
Dermatologic Surgery in the Elderly: Case Review and Techniques
- Review relevant data in regards to treatment of skin cancer in the elderly population
- Discuss relevant surgical techniques that aid in treatment of the elderly populations
- Review relevant cases in an interactive format involving skin cancer treatment in the elderly
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis and treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Mazzurco J. Krach K. “Use of a hydrocolloid Dressing to aid in the closure of surgical wounds in patients with fragile skin”. JAAD Feb 2012; Vol 66(2):335-36.
- Bajaj S, Chen CS. “Patch Splinging for Atrophic or Tight Skin Excision Wounds.” Dermatol Surg. 2016 Oct;42(10):1225-7.
Core Competencies: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7