Dr. Lauren Mazzurco has been part of the Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) community and faculty serving as an Assistant Professor of Medicine since January 2015. Prior to joining EVMS, she completed an osteopathic internal medicine residency at Botsford Hospital in Farmington Hills, MI and completed a 1-year clinical fellowship in geriatric medicine at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. This was followed by a VA special fellowship in geriatric medicine at the VA Ann Arbor Health System, Ann Arbor, MI. She then went on to complete a fellowship in hospice and palliative medicine also at the University of Michigan. Dr. Mazzurco practices in diverse settings, including an inpatient palliative care consult service and a skilled nursing facility where she supervises 3rd and 4th year clerkship students, internal medicine and family medicine residents, and geriatric medicine fellows. Most recently she has transitioned into the position of Associate Program Director for the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship at EVMS. Dr. Mazzurco is the Director for Case-Based Learning at EVMS and has served as the CO-PI on the AMA Accelerating Change in Medical Education Grant which has support integration of health system science, chronic disease prevention and management, and high value care into the undergraduate medical curriculum.
Geriatric Considerations in Dermatology
- Describe prognostic considerations in the care of older adults in your dermatology practice
- Describe normal aging changes that affect older adults tolerance of management and/or interventions in dermatology
- Recognize non-medical factors that affect patient outcomes in the older adult population
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
Core Competencies: 3