Carlos Nousari, MD is nationally and internationally recognized as a leading authority in dermatoimmunology. He is a clinician, a researcher and a prolific author in the areas of dermatoimmunology, dermatopatholgy and immunofluorescence. In particular, he has conducted extensive research in autoimmune blistering diseases, connective tissue disorders and vasculitides.
Prior to joining Dermpath Diagnostics in June 2004, Dr. Nousari served as co-director of the Division of Immunodermatology at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute in Baltimore, MD, and as chairman of the Department of Dermatology and Director of Dermatopathology and Immunodermatology at the Cleveland Clinic Florida in Weston. Dr. Nousari is currently the program director of the Broward Health Medical Center Dermatology Residency Program. He also serves as the Medical Director at Dermpath Diagnostics South Florida and the Director of the Institute for Immunofluorescence. Dr. Nousari is a Professor of Dermatology at the University of Miami, University of Florida and Nova Southeastern University where he runs an immunobullous clinic.
Urticarial Dermatitis: Urticaria or Mimicker?
Urticaria is a common dermatoses. Increased understanding of clinicopathologic correlation of urticarial and its mimickers will help the practicing dermatologists, dermatology residents and dermatopathology fellows to expand on their differential diagnoses, and provide improved standards for their patients.
- Discuss the identification of histologic subtypes of urticaria and its mimickers
- Discuss the diagnostic role of histology and immunofluorescence in urticarial dermatitides
- Discuss immunopathology as a guide for therapy of common and serious urticarial dermatitides
- New advances in dermatologic treatment.
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment.
- Advances in medical knowledge.
- Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine – Immunosuppressive and Immunomodulatory Drugs, Ch. 258, p. 2853-64, 5th ed.
- Clinical and Basic Immunodermatology – Cutaneous Vasculitis, Ch. 19, page 277-96, 1st edition, 2008.
- Nousari HC, Anhalt GJ. Pemphigus and bullous pemphigoid. Lancet. 1999 Aug 21;354(9179):667-72.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6