Dr. Carlos A. Ricotti, MD, is board certified both in dermatology and dermatopathology by the American Boards of Dermatology and Pathology. He completed his residency in dermatology at the University of Miami, followed by a dermatopathology fellowship at University of Texas, Southwestern (UTSW) in Dallas.
After spending a year as faculty in the Department of Dermatology at the UTSW, Dr. Ricotti moved to South Florida as a staff physician for the University of Miami Hospitals inpatient dermatology unit and as Director of DermDx Dermatopathology Consulting laboratory. Currently, Dr. Ricotti is Co-Director of the Larkin Community Hospital dermatology inpatient unit, director of dermatopathology at Vitro Molecular Laboratories and a team dermatologist at ClearlyDerm.
Dr. Ricotti has a special interest in psoriasis, inflammatory skin conditions, and various forms of skin cancers. He has extensively published in peer review scientific journals, authored book chapters for dermatology texts and has been an invited speaker on dermatological conditions at local, national and international medical conferences. His interest in advancing the diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of dermatology continues as an active investigator in several clinical trials. In order to find the best diagnostic and therapeutic options for and with his patients, he focuses on utilizing current up to date evidenced based medical approaches.
Dr. Ricotti’s interests outside of work include kitesurfing, tennis, yoga and art.
Medical Management of TEN and Update on Therapy
This lecture will introduce basic approaches to complex medical dermatology with specific diseases being reviewed.
- Increase the ability to diagnose complex medical dermatology decisions
- Increase the ability to evaluate etiology and internal diseases manifestations of the above
- Increase the ability to direct the above decisions
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Bolognia, Jorizzo, Shafer textbook by Elsevier “Dermatology”.
- Callen, Jorizzo Elsevier textbook “Dermatolgoical Signs of Internal Disease.”
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 6
Disclosures: Disclosures not received by publication deadline. Please see supplemental handout available at meeting registration table.