Paolo Romanelli, MD, Professor at the Dr. Phillip Frost Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, is Board Certified in both Dermatology and Dermatopathology. He is the Director of the ACGME-certified UM Dermatopathology fellowship. He has an extensive background in anatomical pathology and dermatology with special expertise in the histopathology of wound healing, deposition disorders and immunohistochemistry. His work on wound histology has been presented nationally and internationally and appears in numerous peer-reviewed journals. His clinical interests are in psoriasis, mycosis fungoides and collagen vascular diseases.
A native of Italy, Dr. Paolo Romanelli earned his undergraduate degree at Collegio Alla Querce and his M.D. from the University of Pisa School of Medicine. He has won several Best Teacher awards, published in peer-reviewed journals, presented lectures at national and international dermatology meetings including the AAD, EADV, and Masters of Pediatrics and co-authored a Dermatology Therapeutics book. Dr. Romanelli also sees general dermatology patients and is Director of the Psoriasis Biologics Clinic at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Cutaneous Mucinoses and Systemic Diseases
- Evaluate your patient for common dermatologic issues
- Diagnose common dermatologic issues
- Discuss treatment options for common dermatologic issues with patients
- Treat common dermatologic issues
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Bolognia 3rd Ed, Vik 2m 2012,
- Dermatology. 3rd Ed, 2012 Elsevier.
- Andrews Diseases of the Skin. 11th Ed.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6