In Arizona, the name Dr. Shelly Friedman is synonymous with hair restoration. With 29 years of experience treating more than 16,000 patients—including celebrities, royalty, politicians, CEO’s—he has been called one of the top ten hair transplant doctors in the country.
Dr. Friedman has dedicated his medical career to becoming a true specialist in hair restoration surgery. He is the Founding President of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, the certifying board for hair transplant surgeons. Dr. Friedman believes that hair transplantation is a surgical specialty in itself and like other medical specialties, it requires professional oversight to protect the public from inexperienced surgeons. He has lectured extensively nationally and internationally at hair restoration and dermatology seminars. He has also taught his surgical techniques at live surgery workshops.
Dr. Friedman has been very generous with his time and knowledge, training a number of well-known hair transplant physicians. Dr. Friedman not only performs the latest hair restoration techniques but also has advanced the practice of hair transplantation with his own innovative ideas and skills.
Update on Androgenetic Alopecia: Surgical and Non-Surgical Treatments
Hair loss is one of the most common problems seen in a dermatology office. Dermatologists need to be well-versed in both surgical and non-surgical modalities.
- Provide an update on treatment modalities for androgenetic alopecia in males and females
- Discuss low-level laser therapy for assisting the physician in treatment patients non-surgically
- New advances in dermatologic treatment.
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment.
- Development of new technology.
- Advances in medical knowledge.
- Friedman, SA. “Not Your Father’s Hair Transplant”. Aesthetic Practitioner News, July-Aug 2009;4(4).
- Friedman, SA. “To Bald or not To Bald, That is the Question” 2010.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6
Disclosures: Capillus, LLC