Dr. Signore was born in Blue Island, IL and was raised on the southwest side of Chicago. After graduating from Bogan High School, he studied at Loyola University of Chicago, where he graduated in 1982 with a bachelor’s degree in biology. Dr. Signore attended medical school in Des Moines, IA at the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences (now known as Des Moines University) and graduated in 1986 with his D.O. degree.
He completed a rotating internship at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital in Pontiac, MI. Dr. Signore then completed a family practice residency at St. Joseph Hospital in Flint, MI. He returned to Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital for his dermatology residency, which he completed in 1992. During residency, he received the P.O.H. Resident of the Year Award. Additionally, he trained with John von Weiss, MD at the von Weiss Skin Center in Salem, MA.
Dr. Signore is board-certified in dermatology by the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology. Dr. Signore has also studied classical homeopathic medicine through the British Institute of Homeopathy (USA). He received his Diploma of Homeopathy (DiHom) from the British Institute of Homeopathy (USA) in 2009. He has implemented classical homeopathic medicine into his dermatology practice for the treatment of patients with skin conditions.
One Simple Homeopathic Medicine That Can Help Our Dermatology Patients
- Homeopathic sodium chloride is a readily available, over-the-counter medicine which can be very helpful in the treatment of acne, warts, molluscum, atopic eczema, and hyperhidrosis
- For best results, the patient’s signs and symptoms should match the clinical criteria for the “sodium chloride” patient type
- The sodium chloride clinical criteria will be discussed and successfully treated patient cases will be presented
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Signore RJ. “Classical Homeopathic and the Treatment of Eczema”. Cosmet Dermatology, 2011:24:420-425.
- Mousavi, F, et al. “Homeopathic Tx for Minor Aphthous Ulcer: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial.” Homeopathy. 2009 Jul;98(3):137-41. Doi: 10.1016/j.homp.2009.05.006.
- Philip M. Bailey. “Homeopathic Psychology: Personality Profiles of the Major Constitutional Remedies.” 1995. North Atlantic Books; Berkeley CA: pp. 175-222.
- Shraddhamayananda, S. “Healing of Skin Warts with Ultradiluted Homeopathic Medicines – A Study in 200.” Clin Res Dermatol Open Access. 4(5):1-4. Doi: 10.15226/2378-1726/4/5/00172.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6
Disclosures: No relevant financial relationships to disclose.