Dr. Amy Spizuoco is a board-certified dermatologist and dermatopathologist. She received her Bachelor of Arts at SUNY Binghamton with a double major in Italian and Biology. She earned her medical degree at New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed a medical internship at Lutheran Medical Center. She then went on to Alta Dermatology Residency Program in Mesa, Arizona where she spent a year researching reflectance confocal microscopy, and subsequently, completed her dermatology residency. During residency, she received training at the Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, as well as Phoenix Children's Hospital. She was named chief resident in her last year of residency. After residency, Dr. Spizuoco completed a fellowship in dermatopathology.
Currently Dr. Spizuoco is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatopatholgy, the American Society of Mohs Surgery, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, the New York State Osteopathic Medical Society, the Women's Dermatologic Society and the Dermatologic Society of Greater New York.
The 5th Dimension: All Inclusive Aspects of Osteopathic Medicine in Dermatology
- Review traditional medical treatments for dermatological conditions and non-traditional treatments
- Review the basic concepts of osteopathic philosophy and its application to dermatology
- Enhance the complete and multifactorial approach to dermatology
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Advances in medical knowledge
- JAOCD, JAOA, “Defining the DO” Dermatology World, 2015 June. “Dermatology Incorporated” Dermatology World, 2012 August.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 6
Disclosures: Speaker for: Pfizer