Dr. Sean Stephenson is a board-certified dermatologist and dermatopathologist. Dr. Stephenson received his Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Michigan, graduating magna cum laude. He earned his medical degree from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed a traditional rotating internship at University Hospital Health Systems in Richmond Heights, OH. Dr. Stephenson completed his residency in dermatology at O’Bleness Memorial Hospital in Athens, OH. Following his dermatology residency, Dr. Stephenson completed a dermatopathology fellowship at the Ackerman Academy of Dermatopathology in New York, NY.
Select Dermatopathology Topics for the Practicing Dermatologist
The lecture will be covering topics that are pertinent to the practicing dermatologist.
- Discuss changes to the new AJCC staging guidelines for Melanoma
- Discuss the genetics and genetic testing of melanocytic neoplasms
- Discuss the controversy of re-excising dysplastic nevi
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Chismar LA, etal. “The dermatopathology requisition form: attitudes and practices of dermatologists.” J Am Acad Dermatol. 2015 Feb;72(2):353-5.
- Waller JM, Zedek DC. “How Informative are Dermatopathology Requisition Forms Completed by Dermatologists. A Review of the Clinical Information Provided for 100 Consecutive Melanocytic Lesions.” J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Feb;62(2):257-61.
- Comfere NI, et al. “Dermatopathologists’ Concerns and Challenges with Clinical Information in the Skin Biopsy Requisition Form: A Mixed-Methods Study.” J Cutan Pathol. 2015 May;42(5):333-45.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6
Disclosures: Off-Label or Investigational Use: Melanoma Decision Rx, Serum S100B