Dr. Brittany Stumpf is board-certified in dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology. Dr. Stumpf completed her residency at Tulane University School of Medicine. She joined the faculty at Tulane University School of Medicine in 2009 where she practices general dermatology and participates in residency education.
Cases from the Crescent City: Dermatology Self-Assesment
This session features case-based challenges and will involve assessment questions to test medical knowledge. The speakers will present diverse cases of skin disease with focus on clinical findings, histopathology, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Recognize clinical patterns of cutaneous disease
- Utilize appropriate diagnostic tools and additional testing in the evaluation of internal disease
- Treat skin diseases while also coordinating care with appropriate specialists
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Bohan A, Peter JB. “Polymyositis and dermatomyositis (first of two parts)”. N. Engl J Med (1975) 292(7):344-7.
- Elston DM, Stratman EJ, Miller SJ. “Skin Biopsy: Biopsy Issues in Specific Diseases”. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016 Jan:74(1):1-16: quiz 17-8.
- Baughn RE, Musher DM. “Secondary Syphilitic Lesions.” Clinical Microbiology Reviews. 2005:18(1):201-216. Doi:10.1128/CMR.18.1.205-216.2005.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 6
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by speaker