Dr. Swanson is a board certified dermatologist. She was born in New Orleans, LA and raised in Scottsdale, AZ. She attended college at the University of Colorado at Boulder, graduating with honors as an English major. After that, she obtained her medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans. She performed her internship at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ and went on to complete her dermatology residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. She recently completed a fellowship in pediatric dermatology at Phoenix Children’s Hospital in Arizona.
New Updates in Pediatric Dermatology
This lecture will entail common pediatric dermatology conditions and their treatments. Attendees will gain exposure to commonly misdiagnosed pediatric dermatology conditions. Attendees will learn new treatment options for common pediatric dermatology conditions.
- Identify common causes of contact dermatitis in children
- Discuss new treatments for hemangiomas and pyogenic granulomas
- Provide attendees with some new tools to manage atopic dermatitis in children
- New advances in dermatologic treatment.
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment.
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s).
- Advances in medical knowledge.
- “Treatment of Pediatric Pyogenic Granulomas using B-Adrenergic Receptor Antagonists”. Lara Wine Lee, et al. Pediatric Dermtology, March/April 2014; Vol 31, Number 2:pg. 203-207.
- “Genital Melanocytic Nevi in Children: Experience in a Pediatric Dermatology Practice”. Reagan Hunt, et al. JAAD March 2014 Vol 70 Number 3:pg. 429-434.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7