Dr. Swanson is a board-certified dermatologist and pediatric dermatologist. She was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, and raised in Scottsdale, Arizona. She attended college at the University of Colorado at Boulder, graduating with honors as an English major. After that she obtained her medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans. She performed her internship at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona, and went on to complete her dermatology residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. After that, she completed a fellowship in Pediatric Dermatology at Phoenix Children’s Hospital in Arizona.
She is a past Treasure, Vice President and President of the Colorado Dermatologic Society. She is an active lecturer at conferences discussing pediatric dermatology with audiences across the country. She has been selected as a “Top Doc” by 5280 Magazine in 2012 through 2019. She is on staff at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children where she sees hospital consults and performs procedures.
Updates in Pediatric Dermatology
- Increase understanding of the pathogenesis of atopic dermatitis and various treatment options for the disease
- Gain increased comfort in the treatment options for pediatric psoriasis
- Learn about treatment options for common issues in kids like molluscum and warts
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Egeberg et al. “The Relationship between duration of psoriasis, vascular inflammation, and cardiovascular events.” JAAD Oct 2017;p 691-699, e5.
- Fleming, Patrick and Aaron Drucker. “Risk of infection in patients with atopic dermatitis treated with Dupilumab: A mean analysis of randomized controlled trials.” JAAD Jan 2018, p 62-69, e1.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Disclosures: Speaker for Valeant, Bayer; Advisory board: Allergan; Off-label: JAK inhibitors for various derm conditions, topical beta blockers for vascular lesions, topical Rapamycin for derm conditions, Gleevac for stiff skin syndrome.