Rachel White, DO is a second year and also co-chief dermatology resident at Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs Campus in Hialeah, FL under the direction of Dr. Brad Glick.
Inflammatory Skin Diseases
- Basic overview of pathogenesis, clinical features, pathology, systemic disease associations and work up of granuloma annulare
- An up-to-date review of treatments options for granuloma annulare
- Clinical presentations of atopic dermatitis
- Current pathologic theories behind atopic dermatitis
- Current treatment options for atopic dermatitis
- The proposed pathogenesis of alopecia areata
- The various clinical presentations of alopecia areata
- New treatments for alopecia areata
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Elston DM, Ferringer T. Dermatopathology. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2014.
- Brodell RT. Granuloma Annulare. UpToDate, https://www-uptodate-com.ezproxy.pcom.edu/contents/granuloma-annulare?source=history_widget. Updated July 17, 2017. Accessed February 25, 2018.
- EL Simpson et al., Two Phase 3 Trials of Dupilumab versus Placebo in Atopic Dermatitis. N Engl J Med. 2016 Dec 15;375(24):2335-2348.
- T. Ruzicka et al., Anti-Interleukin-31 Receptor A Antibody for Atopic Dermatitis, N Engl J Med 2017; 376:826-35.
- Strazzula LC et Al. Alopecia Areata: Disease Characteristics, clinical evaluation, and new perspectives on pathogenesis. Journal of American Academy of Dermatology. 2018 Jan. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2017.04.1141
- Damsky W, King BA. JAK Inhibitors in Dermatology: The promise of a new drug class. Journal of American Academy of Dermatology. 2017 Jan 28; 76(4):736-744.
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7
Disclosures: No disclosures provided by speaker