Dr. Edward Yob is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology in dermatology with a certificate of added qualification in Mohs micrographic surgery. Dr. Edward Yob received his medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed his residencies at the United States Air Force Regional Hospital and Boston University/New England Medical Center.
His practice is limited to the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers. He is a clinical associate professor at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Department of Dermatology.
Mohs Certification Update
- Attendees will be updated on the current state of the ABD move to obtain sub-specialty certification in Microscopic Dermatologic Surgery
- All open discussion with attendees as to the implications for Osteopathic Dermatologists who practice Mohs Surgery – attendees can ask questions and present their point of view
- Attendees will be presented the history and evolution of the attempts to certify Mohs surgeons as well as the pros and cons as presented by both sides of the issue
- Development of new technology
- Legislative, regulatory, or organizational changes effecting patient care
- The ABD application for subspecialty certification in Mohs Surgery.
- Outlier Practice Patterns in Mohs Micrographic Surgery Defining the Problems and a Proposed Solution. JAMA Derma.
Core Competencies: 3, 4, 5
Disclosures: Stockholder: Modernizing Medicine