Dr. Gil Yosipovitch is a dermatologist in Miami, FL and is affiliated with University of Miami Hospital. He received his medical degree from Tel Aviv University Sackler. He then completed residencies in dermatology and internal medicine at Rabin Medical Center in Petah Tiqva, Israel, and a fellowship in dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine He is one of 44 doctors at University of Miami Hospital who specialize in Dermatology.
His special interests include investigating the causes and treatments of complex skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, and diseases of other organ systems with skin manifestations and chronic itch. The primary goal of Dr. Yosipovitch›s research is to investigate the neuroanatomy and neurophysiology of itch and developing anti-pruritic drugs that target the neural system.
Chronic Itch Clinical Cases and Management
- Demonstrate competency of recognizing various forms of chronic itch
- Evaluate a patient with chronic itch without a rash
- Develop strategies of treatment of chronic itch of different type
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Advances in medical knowledge
- Yosipovitch G, Bernhard JD. Clinical practice. Chronic pruritus. N Engl J Med. 2013 Apr 25;368(17):1625-34.
- Mollanazar NK, Smith PK, Yosipovitch G. Mediators of Chronic Pruritus in Atopic Dermatitis: Getting the Itch Out? Clin Rev Allergy Immunol. 2016 Dec;51(3):263-292.
Core Competencies: 3, 4, 6
Disclosures: Advisory Board: Trevi, Pfizer, Sanofi, Menlo, Galderma, Sienna; Consultant: Opko, LEO, J&J, Menlo, Novartis; Principal Investigator: Tioga, Roche, Pfizer, Allergan; Funded: GSK, LEO Foundation, Pfizer, Sun Pharma