Matthew Zirwas, MD is an American Board of Dermatology certified physician. He is a nationally known expert who specializes in allergy patch testing, psoriasis, and eczema.
Dr. Zirwas founded the Bexley Dermatology Research Clinic in 2017. The research clinic treats qualifying patients with the newest cutting-edge treatment options prior to the medications becoming available on the market for normal physicians to prescribe. He is also a physician contributor and dermatologic advisor for companies such as ALL Laundry Detergent, CeraVe, AsepticMD, Women’s Health Magazine, and many more.
He received his Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Pittsburgh in 1996. Dr. Zirwas also received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Pittsburgh in 2000. He then completed his dermatology residency at the University of Pittsburgh in 2003 where he became Chief Resident.
Dr. Zirwas is married to Dr. Jill Fichtel, who practices in Nashville, TN.
Dr. Zirwas professional memberships include:
- American Academy for Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- Association of Professors of Dermatology
- Central Ohio Dermatology Society
- Columbus Medical Association
- European Society of Contact Dermatitis
- North American Contact Dermatitis Group
- Ohio Dermatology Association
- Ohio Dermatological Association
- The Ohio State Medical Association
In Dr. Zirwas’s free time, he enjoys tending to his wild cats, as well as spending time with his family and traveling with his wife, Dr. Jill Fichtel.
Cosmetic Procedures and Contact Dermatitis
- Cause of contact dermatitis
- Best treatments for contact dermatitis
- Advances in medical knowledge
- New advances in dermatologic treatment
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
- Fowler et al. Dermatitis. 2012;23(6):301-3.
- Huyuh et al. The Dermatologists. 2012;20(8).
- Rietschel et al. Dermatitis. 2007;18(2):78-81.
- Zug et al. Dermatitis. 2008;19(4):202-208.
- Salam TN, Fowler JF. JAAD. 2001;45(3):377-81.
- http://dermcast.tv/live-blog-practical-contact-dermatitis-for -the-busy-w-matthew-zirwas-md/ (Treatment and cause of contact dermatitis)
Core Competencies: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Disclosures: Abbvie, Aclaris, Aructis, Asana, Avillion, DS Biopharma,
Foamix, Incyte, Janssen, Leo, Lilly, Ortho Dermatologics, Pfizer, Regeneron Sanofi, UCB, Aerolase, Fit Bit, L'Oreal, Menlo, AsepticMD, Genentech/Novartis